10 Weeks diamond setting diploma program
6 weeks hand engraving diploma program
With G.J. Owen
This program is designed for the individual that has no previous experience with optical stone setting or hand engraving.
If you are looking to become a diamond setter and hand engraver this course is for you.
You will be learning the concept and hands-on of gemstone setting, micro-pave diamond setting and hand engraving on a professional level.
After graduating from this course, you will be job-ready to work as a diamond setting & hand engraver.
· Introduction to tools and equipment’s on your bench.
· Graver sharpening, creation of a custom tool for both hand engraving and diamond setting
· Microscope setup and use
· Geometric layout calculation for stone setting
· Setting all stone shapes from round to fancy cuts.
· All style of setting includes and not limited to prong, bezel, flush, channel, all pave styles and fancy bright cut.
· Surface preparation for hand engraving
· Design and transfer of techniques
· Background treatments and removal
· Engraving scrolls, letters, and borders.
· Shading treatments for engraving.
· Gold inlay and overlay
· Sculpting and raised engraving
For stone setting: copper, steel, and brass plates, rings, pendants, and various Jewellery items made of alloy metal for the student to exercise with.
For Hand Engraving: copper, steel, and brass plates, rings, pendants, knife.
Course duration: 6 or 10 weeks
Attendance: 240 or 400 Hours
This class had no requirement, but the student has the option of attending a one-week beginner hand engraving class to see if this profession fits their expectations.
Course information is subject to change without notice.